I ordered a mojito at a restaurant the other night, and the bartender asked me if I wanted strawberries thrown in. Of course, strawberries being my favorite fruit, I said yes. It was incredible. I asked her what was in it, went home, and through trial and error, created my own version of the cocktail. I prefer my drinks weak, but you can use a whole shot of rum if you want it a little bit stronger. You can also make this without rum and it is still just as delicious. Normally, I don’t like to drink, so I’m always looking for cocktails that I can order nonalcoholic. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!
· 12 oz Sprite
· ½ Shot White Rum
· 1 Lime
· 1 Lemon
· 2-3 Strawberries
· 1-2 Mint Leaves
· ½ Teaspoon Sugar
· Pour a palmful sugar onto a plate. Wet the rim of your glass and dip in the sugar, lightly lining the rim of the glass
· Juice half of the lemon and half of the lime into a shaker. Add the Sprite, rum, strawberries, mint, and sugar
· Place a lid on the container and shake vigorously. Carefully open and pour contents over ice into the glass
· Cut the remaining halves of your lemon and lime into quarters. Add more lemon or lime juice to taste, placing the remaining slices on the edge of your glass
· Pop a straw in the drink and enjoy responsibly!